In the latest episode of 5 Magazine’s Conversations podcast, host and 5 Magazine editor-in-chief Czarina Mirani sits down for a talk with Baltimore-bred DJ and producer Karizma. Karizma headlines 5 Magazine’s 12 year anniversary bash on Saturday, August 26th 2017 at Smartbar alongside 5 Mag’s DEL and our very own Editrix Czboogie. (Tickets going fast!)
Originally published in 5 Magazine #151, our 12 year anniversary issue.
Karizma: Conversations by 5 Magazine
- Karizma’s work with Spen
- how Karizma finds new music
- practicing 2 hours a day
- Karizma’s tips on how to freak your CDJs
- the difference between how the US and how Europe loves House music
- taking chances when DJing
- the last time Karizma played Chicago
- Karizma’s label R2 Records and what new music he has coming up
Conversations is 5 Magazine’s podcast featuring discussions with individuals from the House Music community. Episode one was with Nicky Siano; Episode two with the founders of Paris nightclub Djoon; Episode three with Frederick Dunson of the Frankie Knuckles Foundation. You can listen to all episodes on SoundCloud; get updates when a new episode is added via 5 Magazine’s mailing list.