In 1972, Nicky Siano opened and became the DJ at The Gallery, one of the legendary spots that would revolutionize nightlife and change the shape of disco and dance music for decades to come.
In the first of our Conversations podcast series, 5 Magazine editor Czarina Mirani talks to Nicky Siano ahead of his show on Saturday, October 22 at Disco Nightclub in Chicago.
Some subjects of discussion include:
- The Gallery
- Frankie Knuckles and Larry Levan
- the Art of DJing, picking music and breaking it
- Why the Disco Sucks movement happened and why he agrees with it
- New edits he’s working on
- Studio 54 and their door policy
- Nightclubbing today, money and why it’s a chore
- Body and Soul
- A secret story about The Gallery
- Love Is The Message: The Movie
- Dressing up to go out.
This is our first Conversations podcast; sign up for our mailing list here to be kept up to date on new episodes. Your feedback as always is appreciated!