SoundCloud is opening up its “SoundCloud Premier” program up to all eligible Pro subscribers.
The direct monetization program had previously been open only by invite, but all are encouraged to apply. The qualifying criteria are:
- You must be an independent creator of original music (at this time we cannot accept mixes or podcast content)
- You must have zero copyright strikes at the time you enroll (You would have received an email from us if you have a copyright strike. Learn more about our copyright policies.)
- You must be a SoundCloud Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber
- Monetizable streams come from at least one of these eligible countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand and any other territories designated by SoundCloud as eligible
- Humans are listening to your tracks (bot streams will not be counted)
Successful monetization gives the rights holder a share of revenue based upon plays. SoundCloud claims to “meet or beat” rates from other streaming services and pays out revenue monthly.
You can find out more at creators.soundcloud.com.