Moulton Music closes out 2016 with the explosive “You Should Be Dancing,” a new track from Homero Espinosa, Mark Farina and Seven Davis, Jr. Released as a Traxsource promo on December 2, “You Should Be Dancing” is currently scaling up the charts and will be released worldwide on Friday December 16, 2016.
Yesterday we talked with Homero Espinosa in the first of two features on this track. Here is part two: an exclusive DJ mix from the man that made all of your favorite DJ mixes, Mr. Mark Farina.
1. Levantine – Dance – Razor n Tape
2. Filta Freqz – People – 74
3. Jazz Society – Ritmo Du Vela & Serge Gee (Original Mix) – GLA
4. Kenny Dope & Oliver $ – Muggin – Dopewax
5. Angelo Ferreri – Jazz Imprint
6. Dbow – They Come
7. Dino Lenny & Doorly – Magic Room (Luke Solomon Remix)
8. Bob Belfast – respect
9. Gorm Council feat Nica Brooke – Back Home (Homero Espinosa Touch of Jazz Mix) – DWR
10. Greenskeepers – New Mouth – Classic
11. ABack – Network assistance – DWR
12. Shur-i-kan – Track 2
13. LK – Honey – Quintessential
14. Mark Farina & Homero Espinosa ft. Seven Davis Jr. – You Should Be Dancing – Moulton Music
Here’s Homero on meeting and collaborating with Mark for “You Should Be Dancing”:
I first met Mark back in 2006 in Miami while at WMC. Actually, I didn’t even meet him directly – I was passing out CDs with a bunch of new music I was shopping (mind you, this was when I first started putting music out) and my friend handed him a CD. I was too nervous to approach him. Low and behold, a couple of weeks later Mark emailed and said that he’d like to license one of the tracks off the CD to a Ministry of Sound compilation. I was like, “WHAAAAATTT!” After that, I made sure Mark received all new music I made and I felt his support from way back then.
Fast forward 10 years to when I had a studio space at Moulton Studios in San Francisco. Moulton’s lease was running out and I had to relocate my studio. The idea of Moulton Studios coming to a close prompted me to make efforts to have some of my long-time goals come to fruition. So, I reached out to Mark about collaborating on a track before I moved out and he was totally down. In our first session, we immediately got into a steady groove and knocked out a couple of solid ideas in a short period of time. One of the tracks was “Work.Groove,” a Summer 2015 Moulton Music release.
“You Should Be Dancing” is out now on Traxsource, released worldwide on 12/16/16 from Moulton Music.